Parents » Transfer FAQs

Transfer FAQs

Q. Is transportation provided for transfer students?
A. No. Transportation is not provided for any transfer student living outside the Central ISD boundaries. Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements for their children.

Q. Is there a transfer fee or tuition for transferring into Central ISD?
A. Central ISD does not currently charge a transfer fee or tuition for students to transfer into our District.

Q. We live in Central ISD school district boundaries. My child is currently attending a private school. We will be transferring back to Central ISD starting next fall. Would my child be considered a transfer and do I need to fill out transfer paperwork?
A. If you live in the Central ISD school district boundaries you would not need to fill out transfer paperwork in order to enroll your child. The transfer application process is intended for situations when a child lives in one District but wants to attend another District. Your child would not be considered a “transfer” using that description. You would complete the regular student enrollment forms since you live in the District. 

Q. We live in Central ISD boundaries and our child currently attends a Central ISD campus. We are moving out of the District, can our child still attend school in Central?
A. Legally, the day you move out of the District, you must complete a transfer application and be reviewed for continuing at Central ISD as a transfer. Our goal will be to try to continue a student’s current school year at Central ISD if a family relocates in the middle of the year. 

Q. We own land within the boundaries of Central ISD and pay school taxes to Central ISD. Can our children attend Central ISD schools next year on the basis of our property?
A. The requirement for attending a Texas public school is the child’s residence and that is defined as where they “lay their head at night”. So your property would not qualify your children as Central ISD residents. 

Q. We are in the process of purchasing a house in Central ISD.  Can we go ahead and enroll our child in Central ISD before we move in?
A. To enroll your child now you must have a signed and executed contract for your new home and your move-in date must be within 120 days. A copy of a portion of the contract, showing a move-in date, address, and signatures must be attached to the application. Until you have a signed contract you can not apply for transfer using the “building/buying” reason. 

Q. We are considering purchasing a house and we are not sure if it is in the Central ISD
boundaries. How can we check?
A. The best resource for determining what school district an address resides in is the Angelina County Central Appraisal District. The prior tax statement will identify the school district taxing authority. Central ISD administrative office can also identify if your house is within Central ISD boundaries.

Q. Where do I turn in the completed transfer application?
A. You can deliver the application to Central ISD Administrative Office.

Q. How will we be notified of our acceptance or denial?
A. Applicants will be notified by e-mail. 

Q. Once we are accepted are we guaranteed a spot every year?
A. Transfer acceptances are on an annual basis. Transfer students must reapply each year.